Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Classroom Layout

Today I got a couple of pictures of the room I will be in next year so I can start planning how I want to set it up. I've been going back and fourth between ideas for my room's theme and I think I may have picked one for now. I think I want to use crayons and have my door say, "Get Ready For A Colorful Year!" Then all my tables, procedures, and storage bins will have labels that look like crayon wrappers. I know I have time to get things figured out but it's so much harder to plan a layout when the classroom is over 100 miles from me. 

I'm glad that there are tables and lots of storage already in the room.


I also want to find a way to organize the room so I have space for a class library where multiple kids can sit and read without being on top of each other. And I was wanting to have a layout where it would be easy for me to do small groups or centers. So it'll take me awhile to get it just right but at least now I have an idea of what kind of space I have to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment