Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

And The Roadbumps Begin....

So far my journey into teaching has been pretty easy, busy but not too many bumps. Until today. I haven't seen it and really in a way don't want to but while installing my projector for a smartboard the roof broke. From what I gathered the panel broke and it and the projector fell and shattered. They need to fix it so it can hold and also reclean my carpet so it will be clean and safe. I know it isn't the end of the world but it was so frustrating since this was going to be the week where I started really getting into my room and setting it up. So after driving up to Phoenix I am driving back home to Tucson for awhile and will just work on stuff there. I guess this eventually had to happen and it's better to get that first roadbump out of the way now then when I have kids in the room. I think this was such a blow because I haven't experienced something like this and I kind of panicked and had a rush of frustration all in one. But it'll all work out and I will still get stuff done even if I'm not in my classroom. But seriously make sure your things are installed correctly so you don't have any freak accidents!

1 comment:

  1. I am just thankful you weren't in your classroom when it happened - you could have been seriously hurt. I am afraid you will have glitches along the way like all things in life and certainly I know what it's like to have projectors not work (or switch off in the middle of a lesson) after you've spent hours planning and making resources for them to teach various lessons- so be prepared for that too!

    ReplyDelete