Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Curriculum Overload

First off, I have t-minus 4 days until graduation and it still has not entirely set in yet. Maybe I will really start to get excited about it when I'm walking across the stage. I have been so busy and felt like I already graduated when I signed my contract.
Today though I printed over 100 pages for all my curriculum maps, my printer was pretty stressed out. They are so overwhelming to read and I already found some things that don't quite match up with how I had wanted the year to be. I think that my unit ideas will still work but they will need to be rearranged and done in a different order. What is the hardest for me now is that some skills will need to be saved or taught earlier than I had planned. I probably should have looked at my teams maps sooner but now I know. At least this means I can focus on what resources I need to collect over the summer and really decide on what is a priority to get/find/make and what can wait.
More and more I'm finding it difficult to be in Tucson and have to communicate with my principal over email and phone calls. I really cannot wait until I can actually go in and take stock of my room and get some clarification about next year. I set the date of May 29th to make the drive up there to get all my teacher copies and student data. Hopefully then it'll be easier to be away from the school while I plan for a couple of weeks back here in Tucson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment