Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Seeing the New Room

Today I finally got to see my new room!! It's so much bigger than I thought it was going to be which is exciting and a little overwhelming. The teacher who used to be in the room left so much stuff behind so mostly I was going through things and throwing a lot of stuff away. 



So I will have seven of those little tables for my students. I was thinking about doing groups with 2 tables together with a plastic tower drawer that they share. 


Just about every single one of these cabinets and drawers had something in them. Tons of old materials and resources that I can use but also a ton of junk I ended up throwing away. I do like that I have my own smaller desk with shelves so I can keep my stuff separated. And I'm glad that my room had a horseshoe table that I can use for all my group work. 


In this space I'm getting a smartboard installed and a docking station. I'm not great with technology so I'm hoping this gets put in soon so I can figure out different ways to use it. I am happy that I don't have to give up all my whiteboard space for it. 

After 5 hours of cleaning and being in a hot room I finally had to take a break and leave. I took my first units worth of teachers editions with me so I can spend all day tomorrow going through them. Then  on Friday I'll have an "official" (aka paid) planning meeting with some of the other teachers so hopefully it'll give me a good starting point for planning. It was a very busy and pretty overwhelming day. I had no clue that my room would be so full when I walked in but it'll help cut down my supply cost. I was hoping to get a lot more done while I was there but I think it was better not bringing in my own stuff yet. If I had boxes of stuff with me I would have been even more stressed trying to find space for it all right away. It was a good way to jump in and start making it my own room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment